130 countries through its branches, subsidiaries and affiliates abroad as well as network partners. Financially we are fully backed by the Talanx Group which comprises some of the largest German conglomerates as key stakeholders in the business. This provides us with unrivalled capital strength that puts us on a firm growth path underlined by a strong rating by Standard & Poor’s (A+, stable) and A.M. Best (A, stable).
We are looking for its business division „Casualty Guidance“ - Casualty Guidance Principles, Products & Processes - (H-Z-I-CG.PP) at the earliest possible date for its headquarter in Hanover for a
Legal Counsel (m/f)
- Draft, review and update of insurance contract terms and models in the liability line of business, in cooperation with the foreign branches and subsidiaries of HDI
- Adaptation of contract wordings to local regulatory requirements in the corresponding target markets
- Legal support for international insurance programmes
- Process coordination and cooperation between HDI's international branches and subsidiaries and head office
- Interdisciplinary work with other departments, especially law and taxes
- Analysis of legal risks in certain target countries
- Completed first and second German state law examinations or equivalent studies abroad
- Master of Laws degree acquired abroad or with a focus on insurance law is an advantage
- Professional post qualification experience in an insurance company, insurance association, law firm or private practice with a focus on insurance law
- Significant experience in drafting insurance contracts and terms, preferably in liability insurance
- Business fluency in English is a crucial requirement, any other commonly spoken European language is a plus
- Experience with international insurance programmes is an advantage
- Ability for intercultural work and to liaise in diverse teams
- Self-responsibility, team spirit and negotiation skills
- Occasional business trips abroad
We offer you a dynamic working environment, a pleasant team climate, a broad range of social benefits and performance-based compensation. The advancement and development of our employees are enshrined as key pillars of our strategic human resources policy.
If you think you fit this description, we encourage you to apply by including your CV with a brief cover letter and specifying your current and expected salary, and the earliest date when you can join, and the reference number 7529 for this position. Please send your application to HDI Service AG, Human Resources Management, Mr. Moritz Bäumlein, HDI-Platz 1, 30659 Hannover.