HDI Global SE as subsidiaries of the Talanx Group partners with companies by offering business insurance solutions that they can rely on. We provide global insurance cover from a single source, to suit every type of company. Active in more than 150 countries we represent Germany's third-largest and one of the major European insurance groups.
We are searching for our Engineering Underwriting team in the HDI Global SE Home Office for a new team member as an
Engineering Underwriter (m/f/d) International
- Referral point for overseas branches and carrier offices for international engineering/construction insurance business
- Assessing, proposing and negotiating insurance conditions for all types of products of the engineering/ construction insurance for mainly project business (such as power, infrastructure, building, wet and heavy civils) but as well for annuals or international master programs
- Active monitoring of local engineering/construction portfolio to achieve HDI’s profit and growth goals
- Together with your local colleagues, developing regional underwriting strategies for the engineering/ construction insurance to grow the business profitably and to balance the portfolio
- Analyzing current performance against various benchmarks with a view to ensure adequate progress and satisfactory performance
- Engineering degree (preferably chartered engineer status) or comparable work experience
- Professional experience in Engineering/Construction Insurance with a primary insurance- or reinsurance Company
- Work experience in risk analysis and risk assessment in engineering/construction insurance
- Work experience in engineering/construction insurance outside of Germany desirable
- Strong team player, business acumen, entrepreneurial mindset
- Strong communication, intercultural and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills and high proficiency with common IT applications
- Fluent written and oral communication skills in English and basic skills in German or at least the willingness to learn German
- Attention to quality and detail, decision-making and problem-solving
- Take the initiative and ability to tackle targets in a goal-oriented manner
- Willingness and capability to develop further
We offer you a dynamic working environment, a pleasant team climate, a broad range of social benefits and performance-based compensation. The advancement and development of our employees are enshrined as key pillars of our strategic human resources policy.
If you think you fit this description, we encourage you to apply by including your CV with a brief cover letter and specifying your
current and expected salary, and the earliest date you're able to join, and the reference number 10163 for this position. Please send your application to HDI Service AG, Human Resources Management, Mr. Christopher Dökel,
HDI-Platz 1, 30659 Hannover.